Hosted by the luxurious Waldorf Astoria’s Grand Wailea Resort & Spa and located ocean front, at beautiful Wailea beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the Kihei and Wailea Resort areas, the Grand Luau at Honua’ula combines a fun and exciting event featuring an exquisite Polynesian show, delicious Hawaiian food, open bar and beautiful sunset and ocean views. Get ready for an unforgettable time! We believe this awesome Wailea Luau has every ingredient to make your evening a highlight of your Maui vacation!
At the Grand Wailea Luau at Honua’ula you are definitely in for a treat! This awesome Maui luau was voted “Best South Maui Luau” by the Maui News readers in 2011-2013 and is the winner of the prestigious Hawaii Visitors Bureau Kahili Award for perpetuating the essence of Hawaii.
Lorraine Burges, Hawaii Magazine
- Exciting Polynesian Revue with fire-knife dancing grand finale
- Most beautiful sunset setting on Maui!
- Shell Lei greeting
- All-you-can-eat dinner buffet featuring traditional Hawaiian dishes
- Open Bar
- Imu Ceremony (unveiling of the Kalua Pig)
- Hawaiian Lawn Games
- Hula Lessons
- Photo opportunities with cast members in full costume-
- Free validated Valet Parking at the Grand Wailea Resort & Spa
- Upgrade to PREMIUM-VIP SEATS!
Adult Special: $98.95 (Reg. 112)
Child Special (Ages 6-12): Reg. $53.95 (Reg. $64)
Infant (Ages 0-5): FREE
Rates are plus taxes & fees and do not include gratuity to your servers.
Days & Hours
Days Available: Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays.
4:00 PM check-in for table selection.
Start Time: 5 PM
Duration: 3 hours
Wheelchair Accessible: YES
What to Bring or Wear:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Bring your camera & lots of memory & batteries
- Bring a light cover-up
Location: Grand Wailea Resort & Spa
As you arrive…
Your luau offers complimentary valet parking with validation from the luau, so please don’t forget to present your valet ticket for validation at the luau check-in. This is a very large property, so be ready for a 10-minute walk to the luau grounds. Upon check-in you’ll have the opportunity to choose your table. The check-in staff will be available from 4 pm. Seating is assigned on a “first come, first served” basis, so the sooner you arrive, the better your seats will be! You won’t need to hang out and wait around; instead, you can walk around the beautiful resort grounds or even relax at the Molokini Bistro Restaurant and enjoy your favorite beverage before returning to the luau grounds by 5 pm. Along with your table tickets, you will receive discount coupons should you decide to enjoy a drink before entering the luau.
Once at your table…
Find your seats, start sipping on your favorite beverage and go explore! You’ll notice the beautiful surroundings, allowing for awesome picture opportunities. As you walk around you’ll get to visit with local artisans, play Hawaiian lawn games (kids’ favorite!) and witness the unveiling of the Kalua Pua’a (Kalua Pig), cooked the traditional Hawaiian way, in the Imu (pit). Your waiters will be coming around taking drink orders or you’re welcome to walk up to any of the bars to get your own beverages.
Dinner is served…
Soon after you return to your table, you’ll be invited to the buffet where you’ll find all sorts of delicious Hawaiian dishes. Come with an empty stomach so you can do as we do it here in Hawaii… We don’t eat until we are full, but until we are tired! You’ll find several salads, entrees and desserts. Come back as often as you’d like!
The Grand Wailea Luau features a bonus acrobatics segment not offered by any other luau on Maui. You’ll be taken on a journey of legends and stories told through beautiful hula, exciting drumming and exotic dances of Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand and will culminate with an awesome Samoa fire-knife dance performance!
MENU (SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE)
Appetizers & Salads
- Surf and Turf Poke (Pipikula, Shrimp, Maui Onions, Pohole Ferms, Kim Chee Base & Wasabi Vinaigrette)
- Lomi Lomi Salmon
- Fresh Poi
- Green Papaya Salad with Lime and Cilantro Flavor
- Potato Mac Salad
- Maui Grown Lettuce Bar
- Cucumber Namasu
- Maui Gold Pineapple and Kula Strawberries
- Sweet Bread Rolls and Macadamia Nut Butter
- Maui Cattle Grilled Top Sirloin Steaks Glazed with Teriyaki Sauce
- Baked Molokai Sweet Potatoes Glazed with Guava Syrup and Macadamia Nut Butter
- Fried Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi with Light Coconut & Lime – Flavored Sauce
- Shoyu Chicken
- Kalua Pig
- Stir Fried Vegetables Wok Fried and Seasoned with Soy Sauce, Ginger and Garlic
- Island Style Fried Rice Lup Chong and Vegetables, Enhanced with Oyster Sauce and Sesame Oil
- Maui Chow Fun Vegetables and Por Char Siu
Island Style Desserts
- Chocolate Brownie topped with Macadamia Nuts
- Coconut Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Traditional Hawaiian Haupia
- Guava Mousse
- Standard / House Cocktails
- Domestic Beers
- White Wine by the Glass
- Red Wine by the Glass
- Blended / Tropical Cocktails (Mai Tai, Pina Coladas)
- Soft Drinks