Feel the heat by upgrading to VIP seating at the exciting Grand Wailea Luau at Honua’ula, rated South Maui’s best luau by the Maui News. With the VIP upgrade you’ll be guaranteed seating within the first two rows of tables, for an up-close experience at one of Maui’s hottest luau performances!
It won’t take long before you notice you are in for a fine evening as you arrive at the beautiful Waldorf Astoria’s Grand Wailea Resort & Spa. You’ll be greeted by their valet staff who will direct you to the luau grounds. After walking through the resort and its lagoons and reflection pools you’ll arrive at the Grand Wailea Luau at Honua’ula ocean front grounds for this unforgettable Maui luau!
“Magical… South Maui’s Best Luau”
Lorraine Burges, Hawaii Magazine
- Guaranteed seating within first 2 rows in Premium-VIP tables
- Exciting Polynesian Revue with fire-knife dancing grand finale
- Most beautiful sunset setting on Maui!
- Shell Lei greeting
- Priority at luau’s All-You-Can-Eat traditional Hawaiian Buffet
- Open Bar
- Imu Ceremony (unveiling of the Kalua Pig)
- Hawaiian Lawn Games
- Hula Lessons
- Photo opportunities with cast members in full costume-
- Free validated Valet Parking at the Grand Wailea Resort & Spa
Adult Special: $110.00 (Reg. 125)
Child Special (Ages 6-12): Reg. $87.95 (Reg. $94)
Infant (Ages 0-5): $48.95 (Reg. $54)
**Every 3rd Infant: $20
(Infant #3, #6, etc)
Rates are plus taxes & fees and do not include gratuity to your servers.
DAYS & HOURS:
Days Available: Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays.
4:00 PM check-in for table selection.
Start Time: 5 PM
Duration: 3 hours
Wheelchair Accessible: YES
What to Bring or Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing
Wear comfortable walking shoes
Bring your camera & lots of memory & batteries
Bring a light cover-up
Location: Grand Wailea Resort & Spa
Upon your arrival…
Valet parking is included in your luau package, so please don’t forget to present your valet ticket for validation at the luau when you check-in. This is a very large property, so be ready for a 10-minute walk to the luau grounds. Upon check-in you’ll have the opportunity to choose your table within the Premium-VIP tier of the luau, which has the two first rows of tables. Seating is assigned on a “first come, first served” basis, but don’t worry, you’ll be seated in the VIP section! If you’re really picky as far as where you are going to sit, you may want to arrive as early as 4 pm in order to choose your table with the check-in staff. You won’t need to stick around after that, as your seats will be reserved, so instead you may walk around the beautiful resort grounds or head straight down to the Molokini Bistro Restaurant and enjoy your favorite beverage before returning to the luau grounds by 5 pm. Along with your table tickets, you will receive discount coupons should you decide to enjoy a drink before entering the luau.
Once at your table…
Find your seats, get started on your favorite beverage and go explore the grounds! Don’t forget your camera, as you will have plenty of opportunities to take some awesome pictures. You will get to visit with local artists, join the cast and kids as they play Hawaiian lawn games and witness the unveiling of the Kalua Pua’a (Kalua Pig), cooked the traditional Hawaiian way, in the Imu (pit). Your waiters will be coming around taking drink orders or you’re welcome to walk up to any of the bars to get your own beverages.
Dinner is served…
Soon after you return to your table, you’ll be invited to the buffet. With your Grand Wailea Luau VIP package, you’ll have priority at the buffet. There you will find all sorts of delicious Hawaiian dishes! Here in Hawaii we don’t eat until we are full, we eat until we are tired, so come hungry! You’ll find several salads, entrees and desserts. Come back as often as you’d like!
The Grand Wailea Luau is an exquisite production and features a bonus acrobatics segment not offered by any other luau on Maui. Your Polynesian revue will take you on a journey of stories and legends told through beautiful hula, exciting drumming and exotic dances of Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand and will culminate with an awesome Samoa fire-knife dance performance!
MENU (subject to change without notice)
APPETIZERS & SALADS:
- Surf and Turf Poke (Pipikula, Shrimp, Maui Onions, Pohole Ferms, Kim Chee Base & Wasabi Vinaigrette)
- Lomi Lomi Salmon
- Fresh Poi
- Green Papaya Salad with Lime and Cilantro Flavor
- Potato Mac Salad
- Maui Grown Lettuce Bar
- Cucumber Namasu
- Maui Gold Pineapple and Kula Strawberries
- Sweet Bread Rolls and Macadamia Nut Butter
- Maui Cattle Grilled Top Sirloin Steaks Glazed with Teriyaki Sauce
- Baked Molokai Sweet Potatoes Glazed with Guava Syrup and Macadamia Nut Butter
- Fried Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi with Light Coconut & Lime – Flavored Sauce
- Shoyu Chicken
- Kalua Pig
- Stir Fried Vegetables Wok Fried and Seasoned with Soy Sauce, Ginger and Garlic
- Island Style Fried Rice Lup Chong and Vegetables, Enhanced with Oyster Sauce and Sesame Oil
- Maui Chow Fun Vegetables and Por Char Siu
ISLAND STYLE DESSERTS:
- Chocolate Brownie topped with Macadamia Nuts
- Coconut Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Traditional Hawaiian Haupia
- Guava Mousse
- Standard / House Cocktails
- Domestic Beers
- White Wine by the Glass
- Red Wine by the Glass
- Blended / Tropical Cocktails (Mai Tai, Pina Coladas)
- Soft Drinks