Feel the heat by upgrading to VIP seating at the exciting Grand Wailea Luau at Honua’ula, rated South Maui’s best luau by the Maui News. With the VIP upgrade, you’ll be guaranteed seating within the first two rows of tables, for an up-close experience at one of Maui’s hottest luau performances!
It won’t take long before you notice you are in for a fine evening as you arrive at the beautiful Waldorf Astoria’s Grand Wailea Resort & Spa. You’ll be greeted by their valet staff who will direct you to the luau grounds. After walking through the resort and its lagoons and reflection pools you’ll arrive at the Grand Wailea Luau at Honua’ula oceanfront grounds for this unforgettable Maui luau!
“Magical… South Maui’s Best Luau”
Lorraine Burges, Hawaii Magazine
- Guaranteed seating within the first two rows in Premium-VIP tables
- Exciting Polynesian Revue with a fire-knife dancing grand finale
- Most beautiful sunset setting on Maui!
- Shell Lei greeting
- A private table within the first two (2) rows
- Tableside service for food and drinks
- Open Bar
- Imu Ceremony (unveiling of the Kalua Pig)
- Sunset Photo opportunities
- Free validated Valet Parking at the Grand Wailea Resort
Adult: $314.95 (Reg $325) **Minimum of 2 paying adults per party
Child Special (Ages 3-12): $237.95 (Reg $245)
Lap Child (Ages 0-2): FREE
Rates are plus taxes & fees and do not include gratuity to your servers.
DAYS & HOURS:
Days Available: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays
4:00 PM check-in for table selection.
Start Time: 5 PM
Duration: 3 hours
Wheelchair Accessible: YES
What to Bring or Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing
Wear comfortable walking shoes
Bring your camera & lots of memory & batteries
Bring a light cover-up
Location: Grand Wailea Resort & Spa
Upon your arrival…
Valet parking is included in your luau package, so please don’t forget to present your valet ticket for validation at the luau when you check in. This is a vast property, so be ready for a 10-minute walk to the luau grounds. Upon check-in, you’ll have the opportunity to choose your table within the Premium-VIP tier of the luau, which has the two first rows of tables. Seating is assigned on a “first-come, first-served” basis, but don’t worry; you’ll be seated in the VIP section! If you’re really picky as far as where you are going to sit, you may want to arrive as early as 4 pm to choose your table with the check-in staff. You won’t need to stick around after that, as your seats will be reserved. Instead, you may walk around the beautiful resort grounds or head straight down to the Molokini Bistro Restaurant and enjoy your favorite beverage before returning to the luau grounds by 5 pm. Along with your table tickets, you will receive discount coupons should you decide to enjoy a drink before entering the luau.
Once at your table…
Find your seats, get started on your favorite beverage, and explore the grounds! Don’t forget your camera, as you will have plenty of opportunities to take excellent pictures. You will visit with local artists, join the cast and kids as they play Hawaiian lawn games, witness the unveiling of the Kalua Pua’a (Kalua Pig), and cook the traditional Hawaiian way in the Imu (pit). Your waiters will be taking drink orders, or you’re welcome to walk up to any of the bars to get your own beverages.
Dinner is served…
Soon after you return to your table, you’ll be invited to the buffet. With your Grand Wailea Luau VIP package, you’ll have priority at the buffet. There you will find all sorts of delicious Hawaiian dishes! Here in Hawaii, “we don’t eat until we are full, we eat until we are tired,” so come hungry! You’ll find several salads, entrees, and desserts. Come back as often as you’d like!
The Grand Wailea Luau is an exquisite production with a bonus acrobatics segment not offered by any other luau on Maui. Your Polynesian revue will take you on a journey of stories and legends told through beautiful hula, exciting drumming, and exotic dances of Tahiti, Fiji, and New Zealand and will culminate with an excellent Samoa fire-knife dance performance!
MENU (subject to change without notice)
APPETIZERS & SALADS:
- Ahi Poke with Ogo, Maui Onion & Hawaiian Sea Salt
- Poi Bowl
- Ulu Mac Salad
- Pipikaula – Traditional Dried Beef Salad
- Green Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette & Kula Vegetables
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls with Lilikoi Butter
- Teriyaki Steak with Sesame, Rice & Green Onion
- Shoyu Chicken & Sweet Potato with Macadamia Nuts & Local Honey
- Mahi Mahi with Coconut, Kaffir Lime & Green Curry
- Kalua Pig & Cabbage – Pa’akai
- Selection of Maui Gold Pineapple, Haupia, Kulolo & other Seasonal Sweets by Grand Wailea Resort’s Pastry Chef
- Freshly Brewed Hawaiian Paradise Coffee & Assorted Teas (Upon Request)
- Hosted bar featuring: Mai Tais, Pina Coladas, Mixed Drinks, Beer, Wine & Assorted Soft Drinks